|Members of VCDA have professional opportunities for growth and access through invaluable contacts and resources. In addition, since VCDA members are also members of VCA, they will also have the benefits of both organizations.
- Continued Professional Development
VCDA offers an annual conference highlighting cutting edge career topics and speakers from schools, universities colleges, business, government, and clinical settings.
- Recertification Points: By ttending VCDA and VCA Conferences, Counselors can receive continueing education credit toward re-certification. VCDA members receive a discount on the registration fee.
- Networking. Opportunities abound for you to network and share knowledge and resources among a talented and diverse group of professionals from across the state. The VCDA Board is comprised of various representatives who serve as liaisons to career professionals in the various work settings.
- Career Development Materials. VCDA provides yearly materials and updated resources for promoting career development in schools. Career development enhances academic development.
- Promotion and Support of the Career Professionals. VCDA is positioned to advocate for legislative issues which promote career development in Virginia. You will have a voice along with colleagues in the career profession.
- VCDA Web Site. The VCDA web site is used to providing news about the association and other career-related articles of interest.
- Membership Certificate. Each VCDA member receives a membership certificate suitable for framing. What a great way to show your commitment to your profession!
- Representation at NCDA: A VCDA Board member represents career professionals from Virginia at the annual NCDA Conference.
- Full benefits of the Virginia Counselors Association: Because VCA Membership is required of all VCDA members, VCDA members are entitled to the Benefits of VCA membership. (Go to VCA Membership Site).